Hooray, Boo Hiss, and All That Hullabaloo

Note ~ I started writing this last Saturday, on the train ride home.  It took me a while to get back to it, as I have been pretty busy, but in the mean time more keeps happening.  Of course I want to write about all of it, so I will try to condense what I can into this post.

OK, so I was going to name this post “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” but then I thought to be silly with synonyms. 🙂

First thing is first.  I had a post called “All You Need is Sneakers and the Road”.  I had written it about going out for a run from my friend’s house in Jersey City, while staying there for the week.  When I was preparing another post on Friday, I accidentally deleted the sneakers post from the blogger app on my phone.  I am so bummed.  I was writing the new post, and left the app to go do something.  I saved the draft of the post I was writing before I left the app.  When I came back to the app, I was brought to a new draft.  I backed out to the lists of my posts, and went to delete the newest blank draft.  It didn’t delete, so I deleted it again.  It ended up refreshing and taking my second delete to delete the item, shifted in my post list being the sneaker post.

I know most people don’t care about something as technical as this, but if you use the blogger app on your iphone, I would not delete drafts or published posts from the app.  It is buggy and unreliable. The worst part is that, as far as I have seen, blogger does not offer a way to recover a deleted post.  Why wouldn’t they have a post trash can that would hold deleted posts for 30 days?  Seems like it would be a good idea to me!

Enough of that techno talk.  Time for the week(s) in review.  I rode the 40 miles in the Tour de Cure on Sunday, June 10th.  I really wasn’t sure how I would do, and was so pleasantly surprised that I was still in good shape after the ride.  Don’t get me wrong, when I finished I was a bit sore, and the free massage therapist was much appreciated.  But after I ate my 2nd banana and downed more water, I went to the grocery store and picked up some healthy eats for the train ride to nyc.  Got home, packed, cleaned up (necessities only), and got ready for a week out of town.  I was going to work at my firm’s nyc office, so I could work on geeky programming stuff with a colleague.  1 hour face to face with him is invaluable.  Imagine what we can do in a week!  I was all set to geek out to the max.

The train ride down on Monday included a 2 hour delay as we sat on the tracks, intermittently not moving.  I didn’t mind, because I was working anyway.  Once I got to Penn station, I walked over to the Path train and went to Jersey City.  Walked to my friend’s place and we went to get some dinner.  Tuesday morning I got up early and took my backpack, that I had brought with me in my luggage and prepared the night before, in to Manhattan, to the New York Sports Gym (NYSG) on Wall Street.  The awesome people at our ny office help me out with guest passes when I come down, so I can still get to a gym.  I worked out, and went in to the office.  Wednesday, I went for a run from my friend’s place, down by the water on the shore of Jersey City (not to be confused with the Jersey Shore).  She was at boot camp and as a nice little moment of fun, I unintentionally ended up running past her class on my run.  Got to see some great views, which is the fun part about running outside.

View from the ferry, one of the days on our way to work.  Lady liberty in the distance.  So cool.

Some friends from work and I went out for drinks Wednesday night, and I made the executive decision not to work out on the next morning. Thursday, I was going to try to meet a friend out, who couldn’t make it on Wednesday.  Unfortunately, I can’t control my work.  I ended up at the office, ordering thai food with a colleague, and working until about 10:30 at night.  I was still committed to working out on Friday.  I woke up in the morning, planning to check some work real quick and then go to the gym in Jersey City.  It is about a 20 min walk from the house.  Well, my wireless was not working right and everything was so slow, I wanted to throw things.  It took me 1/2 hour to check what should have taken 5 minutes.  I was determined, though, and ran to the gym, so that I could make the run part of the workout.  It’s pretty powerful how meeting your goal to just show up, to work out, can effect the rest of your day.

WTC 1/ Freedom tower, on the way to the Path train at night.

Friday night, my friend and I went out.  Now I had earned a lot of activity, or activity points for Weight Watchers, this week.  The Tour de Cure and working out 3 times.  But this Friday, we went out after work and got some mojitos.  Then we went out to dinner.  We ordered tapas style, which can help, but still.  This entire week was breakfast, lunch and dinner out at restaurants.  How hard is that to control?!?!

 Who could resist REAL mojitos??  Not me!

Saturday, I got to Penn station and a nice lady at one of the shops gave me a bag of ice for my cooler.  I packed a wrap, some chobani, and healthy snacks.  The ride home was pretty smooth. 

 Healthy food can be more expensive, but it’s the price we pay to be good to ourselves.  p.s. a burger would cost the same and do so much damage.

Now coming back from this trip, I would have loved to be lazy and just lay on the couch.  I did for about an hour, but it didn’t last.  I went to get a mani/pedi (my nails were yucky), and then to a friend’s house for a birthday get together for a friend.

Sunday, I had my weigh in.  I lost 1.8 lbs!!  So shocked that after that week, I still lost.  I went to my brother’s to say hi to my mom and wish him a Happy Father’s day.  Then to brunch for another friends birthday.  Then to a house/apt warming.  Then to go shopping.  After that, clean and get ready for the week.

Well, now the fun starts.  I have been having some health issues.  It started about 17 days ago, when I was supposed to run back to back 5Ks.  Not to be tmi, but there is no way around it.  I had, what people on the Weight Watcher’s site call, TOM (time of month).  The problem is that it has not been “normal”.  I won’t go into detail, but it has been an issue.  Well, This last Monday, it reappeared.  I called my doctor’s office and they insisted that I come in today.  I was also told not to exercise.  I was encouraged to keep my feet above my heart, take 600mg of ibuprofen every 6 hrs and ice my abdomen.  Well, it’s been torture not to exercise.  I rely on that to lose the weight.  I rely on it to be active, to get healthy and strong, to de-stress, to up my endorphins, to challenge myself.  It’s been frustrating.

I had the doctor’s appointment this morning.   She did some tests, ordered more and more will be coming.  I also got put on progesterone.  I couldn’t go on estrogen because of the lupus.  I have some waiting to do, for us to find out what is actually happening, but the BEST NEWS in the world, is that she said I can exercise if I feel like it.  WOOOOHOOO!!!!!  So this girl is mowing her lawn today or tomorrow, going to the gym tomorrow (I miss you RAC!) and I am so bringing my running gear for camping this weekend.  I am going for a run at Hamlin and it is going to be glorious!

 Random pic of a really pretty flower that is growing the back of my yard, amidst the monstrosity of weeds taking over the area.

Without meaning to, I left out that Sunday I went to get a new bed.  It is coming in the next hour or so, and I can’t wait!!!

In case you didn’t know, I am an avid Pinterest lover.  I found a pin for chocolate covered strawberries that you soak in flavored vodka first.  These are mine, soaking in cake vodka.  I will be dipping them today!
That’s it for now!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s