I found this recipe on Pinterest, for Tater Tot Enchilada Bake , and was able to veganize it pretty easily. This recipe is incredibly easy, delicious and not hard to make vegan.
Here are my alterations. Note that anything I changed, I put a –> for what the change is.:
- 1 pound ground beef –> 2 packages of Trader Joe’s Meatless Beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pack taco or fajita seasoning (about 2 teaspoons) –> 1 package of Trader Joe’s taco seasoning (use 1/2 a package first time, as this will make it quite spicy. You may not want a whole package, if you don’t like a lot of heat).
- 2 cups tater tots (enough to cover dish)
- 1 can enchilada sauce –> Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce (1 bottle)
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (or mozzarella) –> Trader Joe’s Soy mozzarella shreds
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Scallions or cilantro to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sautee the 1 onion, in a large skillet. I do medium chop (using vidalia chopper) with olive oil
- Add 2 packages of meatless beef, and break apart, mixing with onions.
- Add taco seasoning (start with less, you can always add more) and enchilada sauce
- Pour into a greased 9×13 casserole dish
- Top with tater tots
- Top with cheese shreds, olives and cilantro
- Bake for 30-45 min
Enjoy, and share!